Manager News – January 2018

Templeton Emerging Markets Investment Trust:

Mark Mobius is to retire from Franklin Templeton Investments effective 31st January 2018.  In March 2016, Mobius handed over the day-to-day management of Templeton Emerging Markets Group, but retained some funds.  At the time of the announcement Mobius was sole manager of the offshore Templeton Korea and Thailand funds, as well as being co-manager of their China Opportunities fund,

 

Legal & General UK Alpha Trust:

Richard Penny is to leave Legal & General and will hand over responsibility of the UK Alpha Trust to Rod Oscroft; co-head of the Active Equity team and manager of the UK Smaller Companies Trust.

 

CRUX Asset Management:

CRUX Asset Management has recruited Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM) fund manager Richard Penny to run their new UK mandate.  Penny’s expertise lies in managing mid and small cap UK equities.

 

St James Place AXA Framlington Balanced Managed:

Mark Beveridge, of AXA Investment Management (IM), has stepped down with Ben Inker and Mark Baribeau appointed to manage the fund.  During the interim period AXA IM will continue to manage the fund on behalf of St James Place.  Inker of GMO, will manage 80% of the fund’s assets, while Baribeau of Jennison Associate’s, will oversee the remaining 20%.

 

Schroders UK Alpha Plus:

Schroders is to appoint Bill Casey and Nick Kissack, who join from Janus Henderson on the 5th February 2018, as co-managers of their flagship UK Alpha Plus fund.  Casey and Kissack will take over from current manager Philip Matthews on the 1st March 2018, following a transition period during which they will work alongside Matthews.   Matthews will then focus solely on managing the Schroders UK Growth investment trust which he has been in charge of since October 2014.